We can assist you with the following areas:
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Employment Law
- Trade Secrets
- Criminal Matters
- Regulatory Matters
With nearly 20 years of combined litigation experience in diverse practice areas, including commercial and business disputes, employment disputes, and medical malpractice and personal injury claims, Nick and Rob offer their clients high-quality legal representation, whether it be general advice and dispute resolution, investigation, discovery and motions practice, or in arbitrations and trials. Nick and Rob have practiced in district courts throughout Colorado, in the U.S. District Courts, and in private arbitrations and mediation proceedings.
Recent successes include:
- $300,000+ settlement on behalf of commercial landlord in breach of contract and unlawful detainer dispute.
- Winning $250,000+ judgment in breach of contract suit against large marijuana grow and dispensary conglomerate in week-long arbitration.
- Winning multiple $150,000+ judgments for industrial services client on Motions to Dismiss and Motions for Summary Judgment.
- After fierce litigation and negotiation, favorably resolved multiple bet-the-company lawsuits alleging theft of trade secrets and confidential information filed by large and established companies, allowing clients who owned startup companies to continue and thrive with their new businesses.
- Favorably resolved numerous employment and independent contractor disputes on behalf of corporate clients.
- Favorably negotiated settlement with Marijuana Enforcement Division related to numerous serious breaches of state regulations and laws, allowing business to continue operations uninterrupted.
- Litigated and favorably resolved numerous individual criminal and regulatory violations related to marijuana growing and production.
We can also assist you with a variety of small business matters, including entity formation, corporate transactions, real estate transactions, commercial leasing, employment, and tax issues.
At Tannenbaum, Trost & Burk we pride ourselves on our history as pioneers in the field of marijuana business law, and we specialize in serving clients in the business of marijuana under Colorado’s newly enacted regulatory scheme. We work tirelessly to keep abreast of the rapidly changing local and state laws concerning both medical and recreational marijuana in Colorado and surrounding local jurisdictions. T|T|B specializes in assisting our clients obtain and maintain marijuana licensure, and we make sure our clients keep their licensure in good standing. Through our consulting department we can assist with any hearing or other regulatory process necessary to obtain licensure. Our attorneys and consultants will make sure your business is compliant with all state and local regulations in order to operate legally and successfully.
Marijuana business owners and managers in Colorado face a wide variety of legal issues, and they do business with a substance that can instantly transform from a legal substance into an illegal controlled substance, exposing owners and employees to criminal liability if the rules are not strictly followed. Marijuana business owners need legal counsel and advice concerning, among other topics, the growing landscape of marijuana regulatory laws, contract law, employment law, landlord/tenant law, zoning regulations and variances, real estate law, land use law, tax law, business operations, and business transactions. Our legal services for marijuana businesses range from business setup to mergers to dissolution and all matters in between.
T|T|B provides our clients with legal services along with business consulting services to ensure your business is set up and run legally, effectively and profitably.
Contact Us Today!
Our experienced team of attorneys are here to help. Call to schedule a free consultation today.